There is no better time to plan a trip to the park than National Parks and Recreation Month! Pack a picnic, Frisbee, side walk chalk, and bubbles for a fun-filled day. Create memories with your family and friends this July! A trip to the park can be more difficult for someone confined to a mobility aid. While mobility aids are beneficial to everyday life, they require extra thought and consideration when leaving the home. The Medical Department Store offers an abundance of walking aids and products to ease your or a loved one’s life. Listed here are 5 considerations to make before going to the park. We wish you a safe and fun-filled summer and we are giving you ways to have a better trip to the park with the family.
- If you plan to pack a pick a picnic for the park, consider Sure Handle Bendable Utensils. These are specially designed to bend right or left or at any angle at the base of the metal shaft. The large round handle is soft and stabilizes the hand from slipping forward. They are dishwasher safe and durable for long lasting use.
- While outdoors, it is always good to be prepared for any accidents that may occur. We offer an abundance of wound care products to pack along for the ride. Wound cleanser, bandages, and dressing kits are all available to ensure your safety.
- If you plan to take your mobility scooter away from home, pack extra charged batteries.
- Sitting in a wheelchair for a long time can become uncomfortable. With one of our many wheelchair cushions you will find it easier to be in your chair.
- It is possible and encouraged to get exercise when using a cane or walker. To track the amount of steps you take, use a pedometer! You may surprise yourself with how many steps you are actually taking. Challenge yourself every day to walk a little further.
This summer we encourage you to enjoy the great outdoors. No matter what your physical condition, we hope you are able to make accommodations with products listed here and found online at the Medical Department Store!